- KIRKUS REVIEW
- Verneys : Love, War and Madness in Seventeenth-century England -- Paperback / softback [Paperback]
- The Telegraph Bookshop
Oh My My Dear Dear None but Princes Perfect Empress of My Heart.
- Adrian Tinniswood - Wikipedia?
- Account Options!
- See a Problem?.
- Branching Out Genealogy for Adults Lessons 1-30.
- Buying, Feeding & Breeding Your Miniature Horse or Pony (Small Equine Series Compilation Book 1);
- The Resurrection Sword (The Chosen One Series)!
She Doth Not Rave. The Levant Trader.
Without Escutcheons. Acknowledgments All the Physic in the World He is a respected author, lecturer, and broadcaster in Britain and the United States.
Map of the British Isles xiii. Giro dltalia.
Publication Vintage , Paperback, pages. Description Adrian Tinniswood presents the extraordinary story of one English family in the 17th century - the Verneys.
User reviews LibraryThing member webwitch. A fascinating look at a "typical" landed English family in the s, based on an amazing number of original documents kept for many generations. The author brings the family members to life, showing both virtues and vices.
- Adrian Tinniswood - Buckingham History Festival.
- The Verneys: Love, War And Madness In Seventeenth Century England?
- by Tinniswood, Adrian.
- The Verneys: Love, War and Madness in S… | annesadleir library | TinyCat.
- History Brought Alive in One Family;
I learned a lot about British history of the period Cromwell, the English Civil War, merchants trading in the middle and far East, etc. This is an excellent and compelling book.http://ftp.mail.ruk-com.in.th/las-mellizas-en-santa-clara.php
Verneys : Love, War and Madness in Seventeenth-century England -- Paperback / softback [Paperback]
LibraryThing member lsg. This was an extremely impressive book. The author made copious use of the letters and other documents from the Verney family, but also supplemented that with extensive research into social aspects of the age. So a story about a no-good son being sent to Jamaica, for instance, is supplemented by a history of the settlement there. A nephew who was hung as a highway robber leads to background information on major crime of the time.
The Telegraph Bookshop
Altogether, a very good read. Not light but never boring.
- A Childs Evening Prayer.
- The Verneys: Love, War and Madness in Seventeenth-Century England - John Sandoe Books.
- The Verneys : Adrian Tinniswood : .
- The Verneys : a true story of love, war, and madness in seventeenth-century England.
Subjects Buckinghamshire England Biography. Buckinghamshire England Social life and customs 17th century. Family Great Britain History 17th century Sources. Family Great Britain History Sources.